Friday, June 4, 2010

Decisions, decisions.

I wish life gave us bright flashing neon signs to tell us where to go, sometimes.

This would be one of those times.

I'm in the middle of several major life decisions, and not one of them involves the consult of a husband or significant other. As my mother says, "I'm the captain of my own ship."

These involve balancing school, career and children. The tangled web that is a Single Mama's Life. In trying to do the very best thing for each, I feel conflicted daily as to where my next footprint should be.

I'm prayerfully considering going full time in school this fall, which would mean full time daycare for the boys. I'm just not sure I could handle that, or if they would benefit from it. The ideal situation would be to have an au pair, here with the kids just when I have class or need time to study, but money just doesn't grow on trees. That would give me the time away I need to exercise my brain, further my schooling AND give the boys what they need in a nurturing environment, but as usual, it can't just be that easy.

Also, I've been encouraged to take a job to coach cheerleading at a local high school, and I'm desperately torn. Along with school and the kids, I'm not sure I'd have the time to dedicate to the program that it needs, but I have yet to find out just what the time requirement would be. I would enjoy this so much, and I really don't want to let this opportunity go (these types of positions don't just open up every day), but I will just have to continue to prayerfully consider my options.

Where is the easy button?!?!

Are there any opportunities you have had to pass up because of your "single mom" status?

No comments:

Post a Comment