This comes from a couple of different sources.
-My ex is coming to visit the boys, with his new wife and son, and that takes a LOT out of me.
-My 'adopted dad' had a brush with death, and I'm still praying for his recovery.
-My life is finally becoming what I'd hoped it could be, and I'm not sure I want to share the spoils of my hard work with anyone just yet.
-My breakup a month ago with the pilot made me re-evaluate where I want to be and how I intend on getting there, with or without a man in my life.
So, I decided to make myself a list of all the reasons I don't like dating, because while I know I am not ready to jump back into the pool just yet, I may forget for a weak moment and agree to a date. :)
Let me know if you have something to add to the list, I'd like some inspiration (and so would the other jilted ladies out there!).
10. Trying to 'put on a show' for a man, playing the 'games' of the dating world well, and arranging for babysitting can be emotionally exhausting.
9. Babysitting is expensive!
8. Actually having to shave your legs and primp yourself for hours is not easy to do when you barely have time to get your dishes and basic chores done.
7. You end up fielding all kinds of awkward questions from people when they find out about your date, or worse yet, after bumping into someone DURING your date.
6. Most men will not live up to our hopes, and end up doing something to make us feel badly.
5. The stress of waiting to see "if he'll call".
4. The stress of wondering if when he called meant something.
3. It can make us more critical of ourselves than we would be normally.
2. You spend time on someone who may not stick around.
1. Rejection hurts. The emotional fallout can last far beyond the next day, or even the next week, depending on the level of disappointment.
What do you have to add?