I've been challenged to reflect on some things in my life I want to change, and turning over a "new leaf," so to speak, in the New Year.
I'm not one to shy away from looking at myself through a CLEAR lens, not one doctored up with either rose coloring or a dark cloud to obstruct the negative. I feel like I'm pretty realistic about both my strengths and my weaknesses.
Weakness: Being overly emotional.
Strength: Being tender enough to feel joy or sorrow when others cannot.
Weakness: Being overly energetic, to the point that it annoys people.
Strength: Having enough energy to keep up with my three boys and to get through the day.
Weakness: Being a dreamer.
Strength: Making my dreams become real.
Weakness: Writing stories in my head during real-life situations often distracts me from reality.
Strength: Learning to be an interesting storyteller.
In the year to come, I hope to become increasingly comfortable with who I am, and learn to accept my weaknesses as well as my faults. We can try to change certain aspects of ourselves, and fail miserably, because it simply is not WHO WE ARE. I want to magnify my strengths and live my life with joy and purpose, knowing that I am capable of handling what is ahead of me, because I have already successfully dealt with the challenges behind me.
Some small goals I want to accomplish in the New Year:
1. To finish my Associate's Degree in the spring (finally). *On my way... just one class left to meet my goal!*
2. To be even greater at ease with being alone. *This will be a work in progress.*
3. To make new friends. *Going to a new mommy group to find some kindred spirits.*
4. To attend a singles Bible study and get to know more people in my situation. *Found one, and my first time attending will be Jan 6!*
5. To have courage to speak up and go after what I want. *Again, a work in progress.*
6. To make working out a 3 day a week habit. *I've been going to spinning on Wednesday, now to find a Monday and Friday schedule!*
7. To streamline my daily life and my cleaning system. *On my way! I got some laundry hampers and other organizational things over Xmas to help my cause!*
I am on my way to a happier, better version of what I have been given, and I am truly excited for the year to come!!!