Wednesday, January 29, 2014

As the dust settles...

You'd NEVER believe the incredible difference in my life if you'd looked at the contents of my day a year ago. I was in a new relationship and unsure about what the year would hold. Little did I know, in just two weeks my then fiancé would propose to me at a favorite restaurant of ours on Valentine's Day. A summer full of classes and a wedding to immediately follow, then another semester of perfect grades later, I'm left in awestruck wonder of what happened in 2013.

I've grown increasingly peaceful as the transition from single motherhood to wife and mother has continued over the last six months. There have been several changes and I've had to adjust to dividing my time between my children and spouse, moved to a new city (nearby), am in my senior year of college and becoming involved in my new church.

It's been a challenging phase of life, but I feel energized and prepared for what God has next for me.

The best thing about my husband is that he loves me just as I am. I met him at a time when I had given up on ever finding love again, and had become sufficiently content in my lot in life. I felt a twinge of hopelessness whenever I saw a couple in love, but now I've been blessed to learn that it is never too late to find someone who is worth investing (emotionally) in.

The children have benefitted as well. Seeing the peace in their faces as they hug a God-given Daddy who would give his life for them makes me explode with joy. The challenges they faced when their biological father came to visit have faded with focused therapy and prayer. I hear less of their hurts and more of their successes.

God is SO, SO good.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you in finding love! I am a single mom (who is at the stage where I don't think I'll find love again blah blah blah) I write a blog and have started a single moms find love series. I would love for you to share your story! http://myadventures-in-mommyland.blogspot.com/2013/11/single-moms-find-love.html

    ReplyDelete